No Injuries Reported in Spencer House Fire

No injuries were reported in a house fire over the weekend in Spencer.

The Spencer Fire Department was called a little after 2pm Saturday to 1311 3rd Avenue West. The occupant discovered a fire in a back room of the residence and called 911. Upon arriving, firefighters found smoke coming from the eaves of the home and flames coming out of a window on the back side of the residence. Firefighters entered and extinguished the fire quickly and ventilated heavy smoke from the home.

Heavy fire damage was reported to two rooms in the house with smoke damage throughout the remainder. A faulty power strip was found to be the cause.

Firefighters were on the scene about two hours. Spencer Hospital paramedics, Spencer Police Department and the Clay County Sheriff’s Office assisted on the scene.

(thanks to Community First Broadcasting station KUOO in Spirit Lake)


Local News