House Explosion in LeMars Injures Three People

Natural gas is believed to be the cause of a house explosion in LeMars early this (Wed) morning that left three people injured.

The explosion reportedly happened around 6:30 this morning. Firefighters had to work for several hours to get the fire extinguished.

Two of the victims were sent to the hospital in LeMars, and officials say they are said to be in “okay” condition. The third person is the owner of the rental properties that were destroyed, was initially taken to a hospital in Sioux City, and was eventually transferred to the burn center in Lincoln, Nebraska.

The house that exploded is completely destroyed. Several nearby homes were damaged by falling and flying debris.