Almost Two-Thirds of Star Spangled Spectacular Fundraising Goal Attained
June 16, 2021 6:30pm
After two weeks, fundraising for the 2021 Storm Lake Star Spangled Spectacular is nearly two-thirds of the way toward the 30-thousand dollar goal...with 19-thousand dollars raised.
Fundraising co-chair Josh Newhouse says many donors increased their donations this year, and several first-time donors sent in their contribution this past week. “We also received donations from donors we have not heard from in many years,” says Newhouse. “Every donation helps us meet our goal.”
Fundraising co-chair Matt Brostad noted that online donations continue to increase. “We hope that continues to be popular, as we still have a lot of money to raise,” he says.
Those interested in making a donation can make checks out to “Star Spangled Spectacular” and send them to Josh Newhouse...Fundraising Chair...PO Box 457...Storm Lake, Iowa 50588.
Online donations may be made at www.starspangledspectacular.net/donations.
The theme for this year's July 3rd and 4th event is “A Salute to Hometown Heroes.”
Donors and categories through June 15, 2021, include:
· Liberty Bell Ringers ($350 and up): Dairy Queen, Storm Lake United, and James Spooner.
· Patriots ($150-$349): Bill and Lana Crilly, Casey's General Stores, Dr. Fotene Gennatos, Fratzke & Jensen Funeral Homes, Hamilton Law Firm, P.C., Jim and Terry Foell, Loren Movall, Rick and Carol Peterson, State Farm- Stacey Eddie, and Steve and Diane Hamilton.
· Skyrockets ($100-$149): Mary Beth Andrews and Mick Polich, Automotive Service Center, Ted Brown, Tom and Sharon Daniels, Howard Hatlelid, ISG, Inc., Robert and Ranae Knapton, Marlin and Sherry Lode/Randy and Pat Merrill-In Memory of Don and Lois Biggins, Gary and Cheryl Petersen, Reding's Gravel and Excavating Co., Inc., Richard and Jene Robinson, Tom and Sue Smith, Dr. A. A. and Norma Stepan, Iowa Lakes Electric Cooperative, Sports Rehab & Professional Therapy, Steve and Terry Brashears, Doris Fritcher, Malarky's Bar and Grill, and Rust's Menswear and Tuxedos- Mike and Pam Rust.
· Firecrackers ($50 to $99): Brad and Jorja Gibbins, Brian and Betsy Lenzmeier, Buena Vista Abstract & Title Company, Butch and Nancy Sadusky, Chris and Stacey Cole, Cory and Alicia Gatzemeyer, David and Pamela Patton, Duane and Maryann Miller, Eloise Prichard, Hoffman Flower & Candle Shop, Jeff and Jordan Jorgensen, Juli Kwikkel, Larry and Bonnie Phillips, Mark and Christine Young, Meylor Chiropractic, Nat and Margo Kitzrow, North Lake Truck Repair, Pat Cowan, Roger and Judy Anderson, Rosene, Pickhinke, Peters & Co. P.C., Sliefert Funeral Home, Smokin Hereford BBQ, Stuart and Lori Gamber, Terry and Margaret Stull, The Touch Above Hair Design, and Thompson & Associates.
· Sparklers (up to $49): Barbara Aiona, Bill Smith, Brad and Sondi Raveling, Bruce and Helen Vander Kooi, Bruce and Pam Milbrandt, Cheryl Lustgraaf, Dave Anderson, Dorothy Franzmeier, Ed and Mary Kay Larsen, James and Fern Bjorklund, Janet Halder, Jerry Kahl/Jerry's Tree Service, Jon and Patti McKenna, Knights of Columbus Council #2326, Mary Hartman, Mary Lanphere, Mike and Feryle Berkland, Mrs. Clara Porsch, Pat Richard, Phyllis Caradine, Roger and Kathy Pomrenke, Scott and Kathy Schwaller, and Vivian Kaufman.
Storm Lake Man Sentenced for Involvement in Meth Distribution Conspiracy
A Storm Lake man has been sentenced to 20 years in prison for intending to distribute large
City Council Selects Architectural Services Firm for Potential Library Grant Project
After about 20 minutes of debate, the Storm Lake City Council on Monday selected CMBA as the
Storm Lake Mayor Porsch Will Seek Re-Election
August 02, 2021 8:33pm
Storm Lake Mayor Mike Porsch on Monday announced that he will seek a second term as mayor...(audio
Juvenile cited for multiple charges
August 02, 2021 10:32am
Last Tuesday around 4:56pm a Clay County Deputy initiated a traffic stop. Upon investigation it was
Spencer man charged with OWI
August 02, 2021 10:13am
Last Tuesday at approximately 12:19am the Clay County Sheriff's office received a call of a