Over One-Third of Star Spangled Spectacular Fundraising Goal Has Been Reached
June 10, 2021 9:56am
Fundraising for the 2021 Storm Lake Star Spangled Spectacular is off to a fast start, according to fundraising co-chairs Matt Brostad and Josh Newhouse.
Over 11-thousand 400 dollars have been raised towards the goal of 30-thousand dollars.
“We are very surprised and thankful to the large number of donors this first week to help us kick off this year’s campaign,” said Newhouse. “We still have a way to go to get to our goal, but being more than a third of the way there after one week says a lot about this generous community. We are hopeful that the individuals and businesses who have been generous to us in the past will join us again this year.”
Newhouse and Brostad have contacted all past major donors asking for their help again this year, and letters have been sent to all past donors and prospects.
Those interested in making a donation can send a check made out to “Star Spangled Spectacular”...and send to Josh Newhouse, Fundraising Chair...PO Box 457...Storm Lake, Iowa 50588.
Online donations can be made by going to www.starspangledspectacular.net.
The theme of this year's July 3rd and 4th event is “A Salute to Hometown Heroes.”
Donors and categories through June 7th include...
• Libery Bell Ringers ($350 and up): Citizens First National Bank, Garbage Hauling Service, Rotary Club of Storm Lake, Energy Transport, and Larson Oil and Distributing.
• Patriots ($150-$349): A & A Automotive, Aaron and Kelsey Clausen, Bargloff & Company, Buena Vista Regional Medical Center, China House Restaurant, Dan and Ronda Bacon, Dave and Barbara Dvergsten, Dr. Kyle and Ashlee Glienke, Dr. Lisa R. Lindeman, DDS, Hunzelman, Putzier & Company, Jason and Erika Dierking, Mike and Andrea Frantz, Paxton Family Trust, Ron and Jewell Dierwechter, Russ and Gladys Eddie, and United Bank of Iowa.
• Skyrockets ($100-$149): A Bowles Investment Group, Andy and Tara Kosky, Arvid and Coleen Baughman, Bill and Joan Kruse, Carl and Cyndi Turner, Century 21 The Professional Group, Clyde and Marcia Krause, Craig and Nancy Fratzke, Dave and Connie Skibsted, David and Marla Nees, Dr. Sabrina Martinez, Drew and Katie Schwint, Elements by K. Sorbe, Gary and Mishelle Lalone, James and Jolene Hultgren, James Storck, Larry and Linda Hecht, Marty and Emily Gallagher,Michael and Claudia Pertzborn, Paul and Mary Ann Bengtson, Plaza Mexico Mexican Restaurant, Steve and Becky Stille, Steve Anderson, Steve Tate Construction, Sugar Bowl Gift Shop, Tim and Di Daniels, and Tim and Erin Smith.
• Firecrackers ($50 to $99): Austin and Alison Langel, Bob & Patty Payer, Bob and Katie Bauer, Brad and Diane Jones, Bruce and Ann Storm, Bryan and Leann Baumhover, Charlene Quirin, Cherry Corner Insurance Agency- Susan Fitzpatrick, Colburn & Elk, Dale and Kim Carver, Dan Connell Law Office, Dave and Deb Merten, Donna McPherren, Dr. Joan Nilles, M.D., Ed and Barb Anderson, Ed and Joan Rude, Frank and Cynthia Demers, Frank and Nancy Alderton, Gary and Karen Rosene, Gilbert and Sally Wilkens, Jeff and Jane Kestel, Jeff and LaDonna Brummer, Jim and Barb Jorgensen, Karen Johannesen, Keith and Debbie Hultgren, Kevin and Cindy Cone, LaVerne Grigsby, Leo's Kitchens, Marcus Lumber, Matt and Katie Brostad, Melanders TV and Appliance, Mr. Douglas Hansen, Murray & Murray P.L.C., Nancy Sliefert, Nelson's Premix and Vet Supply, Patrick and Julia Mooney, Paul and Nina Havens, Rick and Maxine Lampe, Ryan and Leslie Mohr, Stan Bochtler, Total Concepts, and Vista Paints.
• Sparklers (up to $49): Barb Jackson, Ben and Judy Malcom, Beth Dawson, Betty Richardson, Bob and Jean Bennett, Bob and Susan Thompson, Byron and Barbara Loving, Clark and Nancy Gordon, Connie Salas, Dan and Cris Hegarty, Dan and Julie Sievers, Dave & Audrey Peterson, David and Kari Jansen, Delores Sievers, Don and Rosie Reiling, Donald and Carol Northrup, Dr. James Eliason, I.O.O.F. Lodge #221, Jerry and Sandy Hurd, Jim and Sally Anderson, John and Kyle Cejka, John and Roxie Brostad, Judy Krebs, Kathleen Schmitt, Lary and Patricia Gunville, Marlene Morrow, Mary Estelle Cole, Michael Brostad, Patricia Davidson, Paul and Martha Murray, Phil and Pegg Havens, Rich and Cheryl Lange, Richard and Becky Dirkx, Rod and Linda Dierking, Shirley Strait, Steve and Jenna Campbell, Steve and Therese Becker, Thomas and Lorene Prchal, and Virginia Carlson.
Governor Stops in Spencer for Sesquicentennial Exhibit Opening Reception
Governor Kim Reynolds was on hand Thursday afternoon for the opening reception of the
Storm Lake Man Sentenced to Prison for Drug Possession and Criminal Mischief
A Storm Lake man has been sentenced in Buena Vista County District Court to ten years in prison on
More Positive COVID Tests Showing Up This Week, Including Locally, Due to Public Health Recently Receiving Results from Over a Year Ago
June 16, 2021 12:47pm
More positive COVID tests have shown up this week on Iowa's coronavirus website after discovery was
Feenstra Holding Traveling Office Hours in Several 4th District Counties Next Week
June 16, 2021 9:50am
4th District Congressman Randy Feenstra's office will be holding traveling office hours from
Location Change for Seasons Center in Spencer Suicide Prevention Summit
June 15, 2021 4:34pm
The Seasons Center For Behavioral Health in Spencer's Suicide Prevention Summit is being moved to a