Pollard Pens Letter To Iowa State Fans
April 02, 2020 11:50am
Dear Cyclone fans,
So much has changed in the world in a very short time. Just a few weeks ago, I first wrote you regarding the COVID-19 pandemic. It is even more daunting to realize our world will keep changing at a rapid pace for the foreseeable future.
As we previously shared, it is critical that we take action today so we are as prepared as possible for a new normal when our society can re-engage. The individuals and organizations who can plan and execute efficiently today are best positioned to be successful tomorrow.
I am writing today to share several initiatives that we are implementing in the athletics department to best prepare for, both the known and the unknown, financial challenges that we will be facing soon.
The athletics department is funded almost entirely by external sources, which is different from the majority of departments on campus. President Wendy Wintersteen has empowered our department's leadership team to implement several key actions that position our department to successfully address our upcoming financial challenges.
We hosted several virtual meetings with our coaches and staff this week and shared a collective game plan that is strategic, proactive and transparent. The goal was to develop a strategy that established a foundation to be successful over the long-term, while recognizing that many of you (ticket holders, donors, sponsors, etc.) are being negatively impacted by the economic fall-out of COVID-19.
We are implementing these initiatives:
1. A one-year, temporary pay reduction for athletics department coaches and certain staff. This comprehensive plan will reduce total payroll by more than $3M.
2. A one-year, temporary suspension of all bonuses/incentives for all coaches. This decision will save the department $1M.
3. Delaying (from January 2021 to January 2022) a previously announced increase in Cyclone Club annual giving levels. The delay will save donors approximately $2.5M for required seating donations.
4. A freeze on season / individual game ticket prices for all sports.
5. An extension to the deadline for this year's Cyclone Club donations and football season ticket renewals to May 29, 2020.
6. Providing multiple payment options for season tickets and donations. Those required payments can be made monthly, quarterly or semi-annually.
These actions will help us address the $5M shortfall that we face with the cancellation of the NCAA and Big 12 Men's Basketball Tournaments. We can now turn our attention to solving many other issues in the coming months. It was also important to us to provide our loyal ticket holders and donors some relief in regards to ticket prices and donations.
Although we could have passed on implementing these difficult decisions today and simply hoped for things to improve, we felt it was wise to act now. (courtesy of Iowa State sports information)
ELC Sweeps Storm Lake In Friday Night Tennis
Both E-L-C tennis teams beat Storm Lake 7-2 Friday night. For the boys, singles winners were
Emily Markert Track Meet Boys Results
Click Here/media/files10//Emily Markert Boys Meet
Newell-Fonda/Ridge View Golf Results From 4-13-2021
April 14, 2021 6:04am
Girls Golf at Holstein Newell-Fonda - 211 Ridge View - 233 Newell-Fonda
Storm Lake Boys Golf Results From 4-13-2021
April 14, 2021 6:01am
Boys golf at BVU golf course at Lake Creek (front nine) Western-Christian 177 Storm Lake