Check For Carbon Monoxide
February 03, 2016
The carbon monoxide poisoning of a family of eight early Wednesday morning in Newell demonstrates the need for everyone to check their furnace vent pipes.
Buena Vista County Emergency Management coordinator Aimee Barritt says the recent heavy snowfall and drifting can result in blocked vent pipes… which can lead to a carbon monoxide build up inside the home. Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas that can be deadly.
Symptoms include nausea, headaches, dizziness, lethargy, shortness of breath, and fatigue. Barritt says if you experience any of these symptoms, you should leave the building and call 911. For your safety, your home should also have a carbon monoxide detector. Barritt says everyone is urged to check their furnace vent pipes and remove any snow and ice that have built up.
Several Abondoned Cats and Kittens Rescued from Filthy Pocahontas County Residence
The Animal Rescue League of Iowa's Mobile Rescue Team recently spent hours removing 30 cats and
Tyson Foods Donates to Local Organizations as Part of Pork Plant's 40th Anniversary in Storm Lake
The Tyson pork plant in Storm Lake is celebrating its 40th anniversary. This past Saturday, the
Storm Lake Road Closing Set for Lift Station Completion
A portion of the street adjacent to Radio Park Road in Storm Lake is scheduled to be closed during
Storm Lake Man Sentenced to Prison for Illegal Firearm and Ammunition Possession
June 24, 2022 1:33pm
A Storm Lake man has been sentenced in Sioux City Federal Court to serve eight years in prison for
Ribbon Cutting Set for It's Lit Fireworks
June 24, 2022 10:10am
A Storm Lake United ribbon cutting event is coming up for “It's Lit Fireworks.” The business