Storm Lake Fire Calls

December 04, 2015

The Storm Lake Fire Department responded to a fire Thursday evening just after 6:30 at 209 Roberts Street.
Fire fighters observed smoke coming from the residence. They entered and extinguished a fire burning in the attic space above a bathroom. The occupants had evacuated the residence after they observed smoke coming from the attic space, as well as fire beginning to burn through the ceiling in a bathroom.
Fire fighters believe the fire originated when overheated electrical wiring ignited insulation in the attic, which eventually reached the structural framing of the residence. There were no injuries. Damage is estimated at 10-thousand dollars. The residence is owned by Guillermo and Tracy Manriquez of Storm Lake.
The fire department was on scene for approximately an hour and a half, and was assisted at the scene by the Storm Lake Police Department.

The Storm Lake Fire Department responded to a fire Friday morning shortly after 4am at 309 Oneida Street.
Fire fighters observed smoke, entered the residence, and extinguished a smoldering fire burning in insulation in the attic. The occupants woke up to a burning odor, and observed smoke coming from the attic, at which time they evacuated the residence.
An investigation determined that the fire started when overheated electrical wiring ignited insulation in the attic. No injuries were reported. Damage is estimated at five-thousand dollars. The property is owned by Juan Contreras of Storm Lake.
The fire department was on scene for approximately one hour, and was assisted at the scene by the Storm Lake Police Department.