The Storm Lake RAGBRAI committee has determined road closures in town for this coming Sunday and Monday July 23rd and 24th.
RAGBRAI riders will come into town along the north shoreline and Lake Avenue’s downtown as they ride into Storm Lake via county road C-63 before leaving through Lakeside and C-65 the following morning.
Several closures will be in effect on Sunday, July 23rd from 7am to 7pm…and again on Monday, July 24th from 4am to noon. The list of closures and more information can be found below.
The following closures will be in effect Sunday, July 23 from 7 a.m.-7 p.m., and again on Monday, July 24 from 4 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Hwy 110: From C63 (610th St) to Abner Bell Rd. and W. 5th St.
- W. 5th: From Hwy 110 to Angier Dr.
- Angier Dr.: – From W. 5th St. to Shoreway Rd.
- Shoreway Rd.: From Angier Dr. to Northwestern Dr.
- West 4th St: From Northwestern Dr. to Grand Ave.
- Grand Ave.: From W. 4th St. to W. Lakeshore Dr.
- W. Lakeshore Dr.: From Grand Ave. to Flindt Dr.
- Lake Ave: From Lakeshore Dr. to 2nd St.
- Hyland Drive: From Abner Bell Rd. to Angier Dr.
- W 10th St.: From Vestal St. to N. Ontario St.
- Hwy 7: From Flindt Dr. to Sunrise Park Rd. (South lane – east-bound traffic only)
Riders will enter town enter town throughout the day on July 23 by turning onto Highway 110 near Frank Starr Park and travel northeast onto West 5th St. and Shoreway Rd., through Buena Vista University’s campus, then travel north on Lake Avenue toward the main campground at the Field of Dreams. They will exit town en route to Carroll through Lakeside and C65 on July 24. More information and detailed maps are on our website. Visit ragbraistormlake.com and click “Maps.”
A majority of preparations for Storm Lake’s overnight RAGBRAI stop are complete, with the exception of volunteers. The committee asks those who are not already signed up to please consider donating their time and talent to make Storm Lake the best overnight of the 50th anniversary ride. Volunteers may sign up at ragbraistormlake.com by clicking the volunteer link.
The planning committee has assembled a full day and evening packed with activities for the riders and the community. The Beverage Garden opens at 3 p.m. in anticipation of live music on the King’s Pointe Great Lawn beginning at 4:30 p.m. The headlining band, The Spazmatics, will begin their show at 8:30 p.m. A variety of food and drink will be available for purchase in the AWAYSIS Park parking lot. Information on shuttles, campgrounds, maps, and more may be found at www.ragbraistormlake.com.