Carbon Monoxide Forces Evacuation of Spencer Business

The presence of carbon monoxide forced the evacuation of a Spencer business over the weekend.

The Spencer Fire Department, an ambulance and crews with Black Hills Energy responded to Holiday Inn Express and Suites at 916 13th Street Southwest around 9pm Saturday. Monitoring equipment indicated high levels of carbon monoxide in the building.

Five customers were evacuated. One person was taken to the hospital. Officials say a faulty heating system is to blame.

(courtesy Community First Broadcasting sister station KUOO in Spirit Lake)

Share:

Local News