Chimney Causes Fire in Storm Lake Home
December 11, 2019 10:19am
(Storm Lake, IA) -- On Tuesday evening the Storm Lake Fire Department responded to 1008 Kelvin Road in reference to a reported fire on the roof of the residence.
Upon the arrival of firefighters, they extinguished a fully involved chimney fire located on the north side of the residence.
Fire damage was confined to the area of the chimney with moderate heat and smoke damage to the attic space and main floor.
Damage is estimated at $15,000.00. It is believed that heat from the chimney flue pipe ignited the surrounding wooden structure causing the fire.
A passing motorist alerted the occupants in the home of the fire. There were no injuries.
The residence is owned by Chad and Caroline Mason of Storm Lake.
The fire department was on scene for approximately 1.5 hours and was assisted by the Storm Lake Police Department and Buena Vista County Paramedics.
[SOURCE: City of Storm Lake]
Man Injured and Charged after Single-Vehicle Accident
An Odebolt man has been charged after a single-vehicle accident that occurred this past Saturday
BVU Graduate Plays Key Role in Unilever Sustainability Efforts
August 10, 2020 11:15am
While a student at Buena Vista University, Stefani Millie Grant didn’t know a program in
Portion of Highway 31 Closing Next Week
August 10, 2020 9:25am
Highway 31 in Woodbury County from Correctionville to Washta will be closed to traffic beginning
Health Strategies in Place for Storm Lake Schools
August 10, 2020 9:09am
The Storm Lake Community School District is implementing health and safety mitigation strategies as
Open Livestock Returns to BVU Fair with BVU Influence
August 07, 2020 1:51pm
Buena Vista University’s Institute for Agriculture, Food, and Resource Management worked with the